From enhancing your smile to improving the condition of your overall oral health, dental crowns have got you covered. Dental crowns are essentially “caps” or coverings that are placed on teeth that need some improvements. They resemble the precise shape and color of your teeth and can restore its full functionality.
Here at Riverside Family Dental in Clinton Township, MI, your dentist, Dr. Ram Nallapaneni utilizes dental crowns for repairing the function and look of damaged teeth.
Problems That Dental Crowns Can Fix
Dental crowns can successfully treat a wide variety of dental issues. They can:
- Protect a damaged or extremely worn down tooth
- Sustain a broken or fractured tooth together
- Support a tooth that is severely decayed
- Conceal an implant
- Enhance the aesthetic of a tooth by modifying its color or shape
Types of Dental Crowns
Dental crowns are available in various types of materials. Your dentist in Clinton Township, MI, will determine the best material for your specific requirements. These materials include:
- Porcelain. These are most often utilized to repair anterior or front teeth and are composed of porcelain. They are durable and closely resemble your natural teeth. They can function like them as well.
- Porcelain-Fused-to-Metal. This comprises a combination of materials that also offers an authentic look. Crowns that are made of this material are likewise more fortified than regular porcelain.
How The Procedure is Done
The procedure for the placing of a dental crown typically entails two dental appointments and involves these steps:
The First Visit
- An x-ray of your tooth and jaw is taken by your dentist.
- The necessary alterations to your tooth like contouring and reshaping will be performed.
- Once your tooth is prepared, a temporary crown will be placed over the tooth while your permanent crown is being constructed in a trusted partner lab.
The Second Visit
- Once the creation of your permanent crown has been completed, it will be ready for installation.
- Your dentist will make sure that your permanent crown will fit properly and blend with the adjacent teeth.
- Your new crown is placed using special cement.
Talk to Us to Learn More About What Crown Can Do For You
Call (586) 468-0983 to schedule a visit with your dentist here at Riverside Family Dental in Clinton Township, MI, Dr. Ram Nallapaneni, today.