TMJ Treatment in Clinton Township, MI
If you suffer from jaw pain, frequent headaches, earaches, or difficulty opening and closing your mouth, you may have a TMJ disorder. TMJ refers to the temporomandibular joint, which is the joint that connects your lower jaw to the skull. TMJ disorders can affect the quality of your life and interfere with your daily activities. At Riverside Family Dental, we offer TMJ treatment in Clinton Township, MI, to improve the functioning of your jaw. Our compassionate dentists, Dr. Ram and his team, will strategize a treatment plan that may involve conservative or invasive techniques to address your concerns. If you have been facing TMJ-related issues, book a consultation at our practice today.
What Are The Indications For TMJ Treatment in Clinton Township, MI?
The temporomandibular joint (TMJ) facilitates the proper movement of the lower jaw, allowing you to eat, speak, and smile comfortably. Any irregularities with this joint may disturb your overall functions. Our Clinton Township, MI, dentists may recommend TMJ treatment if you exhibit the following symptoms:
- Constant pain in one or both of the joints
- Soreness in the jaw
- Frequent headaches
- Earache or pain near the ear
- Trouble in biting and chewing food
- Clicking sounds from the joint
- Facial muscle pain
- Difficulty in opening and closing your mouth
These symptoms may worsen over time if the joint is left untreated. That's why we suggest getting a TMJ evaluation at our dental practice so that we can address these concerns early.
Why Choose Riverside Family Dental For TMJ Treatment?
During your initial consultation, we will carefully examine your jaw joints. If our qualified experts at Clinton Township, MI, detect any warning signs, we will design a TMJ treatment plan to correct the movement and functioning of the joint. It may include one of the following treatment options:
- Oral splints or mouth guards: These are custom-made appliances that fit over your teeth and help reduce pressure on your jaw joint. They also prevent teeth grinding or clenching of teeth.
- Physical therapy: This involves exercises and techniques to stretch and strengthen your jaw muscles. It also includes the use of moist heat, and ice to reduce inflammation and pain.
- Medications: These include pain relievers, anti-inflammatories, muscle relaxants, and antidepressants that can help ease your symptoms and improve your mood.
- Injections: These involve injecting substances such as steroids, botulinum toxin, or hyaluronic acid into your jaw joint or surrounding tissues to reduce inflammation, relax muscles, or lubricate the joint.
- Surgery: This is a last resort option for complex cases that do not respond to other treatments. Surgery can involve repairing or replacing the damaged joint or removing excess bone or tissue.
Book A Consultation Today
Our dental experts focus on correcting your major concerns to improve the quality of your life. If you have been facing trouble with your jaw joints, get a consultation for TMJ treatment in Clinton Township, MI, today. Call us at (586) 468-0983
to book an appointment. We look forward to assisting you!